Saturday, July 06, 2013

evidence of domesticity: pack and play fitted sheet

I've had some domestic fever the last few months. I think its just because I'm bored. David teases me that I'm "nesting" but I object. My Stanford job has been diminishing in time commitment over the last 2 years and now it is finally over. (I worked on digital maps while in California, and continued remotely after moving.) I used to just read in my free time, but I suddenly felt like a change.

Really I've been acting completely out of character, sewing maternity clothes, learning to crochet, making a play mat, sheet, etc. There's a lot I haven't posted yet. But I will.

Here is the latest evidence of domesticity that I made just this morning:

Using some remnant fabric I bought a couple months ago, I made this fitted sheet for Ila's pack and play crib. She's learning to sleep in it since her crib is getting packed in a couple weeks. She's doing just naps for now, and has been doing fine. I put the pack and play in this little closet cubby and she thinks it's the coolest place ever to sleep.

I used this web tutorial: http://prudentbaby.com/2010/02/baby-kid/diy-fitted-sheet-for-pack-n-play-2/
I used only 1/4 inch elastic for it and needed about 62 inches. I cut 3 inch corners (not 3.5 inch) and sewed a 1/2 inch wide channel for the elastic. Other than that I did everything the same. I have a graco pack and play.

The fabric is upside down here, but there are little pink birds on it which I thought were cute.

Here's a cute shot of Ila on her new potty seat. She doesn't actually "use" the potty..just likes to sit for now:) 


On the 4th of July this year we went up to a family reunion for part of David's side of the family in the morning, then in the afternoon swam at my parents house. I forgot Ila's all-important pink seahorse (she sleeps with it and takes it everywhere), so asked my sister Heidi to bring the blue one she has so Ila would have something to calm her. Ila apparently does not discriminate with seahorses. She loves them all equally!


1 comment:

janitje said...

awww. love the pic of ila with nondiscriminatory seahorse cuddling.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.