Sunday, August 12, 2007

zip code heaven

I have had three zip codes in one year. I'm through with zip codes. (12345 might be ok though.) I have cast off multiple zip codes, and they have gone to zip code heaven. Zip code heaven is a lovely place with a health spa and free car rental. I have moved yet again--away from Melville. Alas! Though I will miss my delightful and warm hearted roommates, I will not miss how the little rocks from the walkway always stuck into the the soles of my sandals. I probably trailed many such rocks into the house unknowingly. But I threw many of them away, it's true, so I am not only responsible for trailing them into the house, but for depleting the ground cover.

12345 is actually a zip code too. It belongs to Schenectady, New York. I guess USPS didn't think it necessary to be skipped due to its semi-barely-uniqueness. In San Francisco, there are many buildings that skip the 13th floor, however. I couldn't believe it the first time I noticed, but apparently it was common practice. Those poor deluded 14th floor workers. Also, why does friday + 13th = stupid horror films on tv? Why doesn't "Freddy vs. Jason" air on monday the 13th instead?

Today I bet my life, and won it.

1 comment:

kt said...

don't forget that USPS delivered something for you about your forwarding service. How do you want me to get it to you?

So long, and thanks for all the fish.