Wednesday, August 22, 2007

the abandoned posts post

There have been a handful of times where I started writing a blog entry and then never finished it for one reason or another. I have decided to post them as is. [with commentary]
------------
Abandoned on 9/1/06: this entry had no title.

A woman should never be seen eating or drinking, unless it be lobster salad and Champagne, the only true feminine & becoming viands.
~Lord Byron (journal entry for 25 Sept. 1812)


[I wanted to write something about how hilarious this quote is, but could never improve on it and deleted everything I wrote.]

------------
9/1/06:

In remembrance of things lost

I thought I'd lost my favorite bookmark a while back. I was sad..but then miraculously found it after several weeks. The elation that follows from such a stupid thing...

It is singular how soon we lose the impression of what ceases to be constantly before us; a year impairs; a lustre obliterates. There is little distinct left without an effort of memory. Then, indeed, the lights are rekindled for a moment. . . . Let any man try at the end of ten years to bring before him the features, or the mind, or the sayings, or the habits, of his best friend.

~ Lord Byron (Ravenna Journal, 1821-22).

The tree was taken out and replaced with the japanese tree lilac [here, I must finish the thought. There was once a lovely tree that was next to the entry gate of a previous dwelling place. But mum removed it, and put in not a lilac tree, but a tree lilac. I missed the old tree. Alas. But I don't remember either of them anymore.]
------------
9/15/06: this entry consists of a defunct link to a youtube video. I don't remember what it was, unfortunately.
------------
12/30/06: this entry is just one line. There is no title.

Today was another unremarkable day. I awoke, and did several dull and forgettable things.
------------
4/8/07: Dh and I went hiking at none other than Foothills Park, where we returned to car trouble. Many people contributed to the plot, and dh suggested I turn it into a play. Which I never finished.

Foothills Park: the play

Foothills Park: the play, is based on a true story that took place on April 6. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent, though most are protected by default since I never knew their names anyway.

Dramatis Personae:
lr
dh
crotchety old man
Al
female park ranger #1
female park ranger #2.

Setting:
Foothills Park parking lot, 4 pm. lr and dh are trying to flee the park in lr's Ford Focus, but they find the car unwilling to accommodate their wishes.

Act I

Scene I:
[Enter lr and dh. They enter aforementioned vehicle, and lr attempts ignition.]

[Months later, after dh left for zimbabwe, he decided to make a contribution to the play effort and wrote a poem, which I might post in future if he consents.]
------------
Finally, 2 weeks ago I had planned to write a blog entitled "three dressers in one week," but never managed to. It was going to be about how I had bought three dressers in one week and managed to find them all happy homes, while finally liking the 3rd one I bought.
------------
There are no more. As yet.

No comments:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.