Wednesday, June 03, 2009

taking a moment to ponder...

I'm in elevators a lot. In the building I work, my company rents the 3rd, 7th, 8th and 9th floors. I sit on the 3rd floor and often need to go to 8th.  The 3rd floor isn't accessible by stairs at the moment..which is annoying to say the least (that is to say, you can exit the floor via stair, but cannot reenter). 

There is an inpection notice on the wall (which is always at least 6 months expired). It says that the elevator can hold 3000 lbs or 20 people. I know from personal experience that it can only hold 12 MAX when we are crammed in after a fire drill and are all trying to get back to work. I don't know how they expect 20 people to fit. That would so not be safe.  I think some re-evaluation is in order. 

Fire drills in college were the best. You might think the fun stops after high school, but not at University of Utah. Nope. However, there weren't any at Stanford. Lame.  But I did have to attend earthquake safety training my first quarter.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe 20 very small children? Now I want to round some up. Oh, I know, talented people who can stand on shoulders, and very short so they don't hit their heads.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.