Monday, March 14, 2011

2 haiku

So I like to write silly poetry. It is a silly thing. I mostly like to write them to other people. I was often tempted to write little poems on my homework during grad school to provide entertainment for the T.A.s, or maybe to apologize for the agony of looking at my work. I feel confidence that there was agony. On both sides.

But the latest poem I wrote was while I was tutoring a friend (in math). She wrinkled her nose at the first one, but liked the second one. I think the first one is pretty awesome though. For sure. So here they are. My two haiku. For you all.

1)
my calculator
makes my heart beat super fast
when I press the keys

2)
flower in my heart
guarded tightly in my soul
blooms when I'm with you

PS. I looked up haiku just now and it is just like celery. Singular and plural forms are the same! Also, I must give credit where credit is due. DH wrote the second line of the second haiku.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Happy Pi Day to you, Laura! Are you eating pie tonight? We're having apple to celebrate. :)

LRH said...

yes! we ate beef pot pie. yay for pie!!

Heidi said...

Laura is so cute
Writing haikus on paper
I miss her so much!

So long, and thanks for all the fish.