Sunday, September 28, 2008

paging sarah palin

I don't blog about politics. Thus, I am not currently blogging about politics. You may proceed safely.

9/26/08, 10 AM

Setting: I'm sitting quietly at work when I hear the receptionist page someone over the loudspeaker.

Loudspeaker: John McCain, please dial extension 3222.

(A John McCain really does work for my firm. I've seen him, but we've yet to speak. )

5 minutes pass.

Loudspeaker: Sarah Palin, please dial the operator.

And...a bunch of geologists erupt laughing from 100 feet away.

The last time this happened was a few months ago when someone got the receptionist to page Seymour Butts to a certain extension. I convinced my cube neighbor to dial the extension and say Seymour Butts was calling.

Our poor receptionist. She's not really up on politics.

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

Good heavens, seriously? This is one of the best McCain/Palin moments I have heard. Oh, the delight one stray receptionist can bring.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.