Thursday, December 13, 2007

yes, we have no bananas

I eat breakfast at work these days. It is much better than trying to eat at 6:30 am. If I eat before I leave for work then I am invariably hungry again midmorning at the same time I would have eaten if I'd just waited to eat at work. So, this morning I am in the break room cutting a banana into a bowl of plain yogurt when a co-worker comes in. He sees what I am doing and says:

"You know, you could just buy yogurt that already has bananas in it."

I am speechless. I know not how to reply to this gross misunderstanding of fresh fruit. I mutter something about how it's cheaper this way and has less sugar, but am glad when he finally leaves so I can cut my banana in peace. Me and my banana.

Some people just don't understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wonder if random people are suposed to leave comments here. see i likely missunderstand blogging. I've never met an american. i've seen them on tv though. i'd suspected fruit related socal problems.

MommaMcCarthy said...

what a freak... cheers to you and your fresh fruit!

So long, and thanks for all the fish.