Thursday, April 19, 2007

the master

Now, I am the master. (Luke, I am your father)

After 2 years of agonizing consideration, I have decided not to go for a PhD. I am well aware of all the things I am giving up:

1) the insolvent life of a poor starving student
2) my extra long twin mattress sheets (pink dot and pink stripe sets--mix and match!), which, alas! cannot fit on any adult size mattress. However, I am far too enamoured with my sheets to give them up entirely, so I have determined to make a quilt out of them. Yes, I am ridiculous and in love with my sheets. So what.
3) an excessively large closet
4) the mental acuity of a jelly bean, brought on by evil classes with evil teachers
5) student membership rates in professional societies. Drat.
6) the title, Dr. Laura. There already exists a Dr. Russon, after all.
7) four years of staring at finite element code
8) student rates on football tickets
9) Vaden health care (alas!!)
10) homework.

Thus, henceforth I shall be known as Master Laura.

The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's already a Dr. Laura, too.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.