Monday, May 29, 2006

You thought I was going to say something witty, didn't you.

Sorry to let you down. I can't be witty all the time. Sometimes I may go an entire day without saying something witty. I was witty today, but I might not be witty tomorrow. Actually, there is a fair chance I might not be witty tomorrow. I could try not to be witty.

Something very amusing: Somehow, even though I have lived at Stanford for 9 months, I've never had to lead music in Relief Society. Nobody ever asked me. Well, today they did. Unfortunately, my 15 minutes of fame ended abruptly as I closed the hymn book after the second verse. The pianist looked at me (after stopping accompanying mid-measure), and said, "are we done?" And then I realized I had done something I do all the time..I get confused when singing hymns because you never turn the page. You have to re-read the same page over and over again depending on the number of verses. I have to consciously remind myself of this. I often close the book before the final verse (or in this case, the final two verses), only to slyly open it again and hope not too many people noticed. Today there was no hiding my error. I suppose after the second verse today, I forgot what I'm always reminding myself, and thought the song was over. I said.."erm...we could keep going. sorry." Then we all laughed (and didn't continue). And that was that. Luckily, it was at the end of the block, so we all got out on time.

No comments:

So long, and thanks for all the fish.