Monday, November 21, 2011

Running as the pregernaut + ironman delight

So I kept up with my running schedule (with lower intensity/distance) until the end of my 2nd trimester (around week 27). At that point I started to get side aches and would have to slow to a walk. I wasn't even running that fast, just jogging and plodding along. I was hoping to run longer into pregnancy, but oh well. Being in good shape before and during pregnancy and having strong abdominals has made it so that I haven't had any lower back pain. I think having good posture has helped too.

After I stopped running I was planning on walking for exercise or going to a gym to use their machines if walking didn't do enough. Unfortunately I got really sick right after I quit running and that lasted for 2 months. I am finally well enough now to expend energy on exercise and so am wanting to start up again with something.

I am planning on running a half-marathon next summer sometime. I think I need a goal like that to help myself get back into the running habit and get back into shape. I am really excited to use the running stroller I purchased. I got it used and at a discount (yay!). It also has an awesome name: THE IRONMAN.

Woo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for not being sick! Also, LOVE that it is called the ironman. That is fantastic.

Ames said...

My running buddy has the double version of that stroller and it's awesome! Good choice. Your baby is going to love riding while you run! Mine sleeps the entire time, I think it's his best nap of the day.

Unknown said...

We've had the BOB Ironman Duallie for over 6 years and have really liked it.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.